Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe: made with Beer and Molasses this sweet BBQ Sauce is a favourite. Perfect with any kind of bbq meat.
This Homemade BBQ Sauce recipe is worth the effort. A family favourite we make all the time.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
This is my sister-in-laws recipe, and it’s worth the effort. I also thought it would be the perfect Father’s Day gift, especially say wrapped up with a nice steak? Perfect.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup lager-style beer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hotdog mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter, and saute onion and garlic over medium heat until softened, about 3 min.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 min. until thickened. Cool sauce when it's done cooking and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
This sauce is sweet and tangy. The beer and molasses make it rich, tangy, delicious. This will keep for awhile in the fridge, delicious with steak, chicken, ribs…all the regular suspects.
With homemade bbq sauce for Father’s Day, life really is a party!
You might also like our Homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning here.
Also check out our Marinated Flattened Chicken recipe here.
You might also enjoy our No Cook Homemade Hot Sauce Recipe here.