Mini Brownie Mix Donuts: the perfect little mini donut made from a brownie mix, with a homemade glaze -super easy. So, so yummy you won’t be able to stop eating them!
When it comes to new recipe ideas, I’ve had my failures from time to time. I can usually tweak them a little, and the good news is always that even if they aren’t great, the evidence doesn’t last too long anyway.
Let me tell you, this baking experiment was a winner right out of the gate. Honestly my very favourite new recipe, and it was met with rave reviews by my extended family and neighbours, who couldn’t stop eating them.
If You Can Dream It Brownie Donuts
It all started weeks and weeks ago, when I was imagining what a brownie donut would be like. This weekend I finally got around to trying it out.
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and but them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
I started out with a simple grocery store brownie mix, and my mini donut pan. Mix the brownie mix according to the package directions, and then put the batter into a ziplock bag with the end snipped off so I could pipe the batter into the pan. I found this was the easiest method.
Oil, Oil, Oil The Pan
I made sure to oil my non-stick brownie pan very well. The more oil the better, I even went to the trouble of washing and re-oiling my donut pan with every new batch…5 dozen brownies later, I was wishing I had at least one more pan to cut the time down, but in the end it was worth it.
I baked mine for seven minutes, you’ll have to adjust the cooking time according to your pan size, brownie mix, and oven. You want the brownie to pouf up a little, and cook through so it holds it shape well, but still be a little chewy and brownie like on the inside.
After the brownies cooled they needed the perfect chocolate glaze icing -and I found one that truly was perfect.
- 1 boxed brownie mix, plus the ingredients to make it
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Mix your brownie mix according to the package directions.
- Prepare your mini brownie pan by oiling it well with vegtable oil. Place brownie batter in a ziplock bag and cut of the corner to pipe it into the mini brownie pan.
- Bake the brownies acording to the box instructions (adjusting for their small size)until they are cooked through, but still chewy. We did about 7 min.
For the Chocolate Glaze
- Combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla in medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Decrease the heat to low, add the chocolate, and whisk until melted.
- Turn off heat, add the powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth. Dip donuts while the glaze is still warm.
If the glaze becames a little too thick after a few mins., thin it with a little more milk, and warm it up again over a low heat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 23Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Does not include brownie, calculate according to the box
I served the mini donuts in an olive tray, which worked great, and gives you an idea how small they were. Everything really is cuter when it’s mini!
Seriously, one of my best recipe ideas EVER. You need to try these.
With homemade mini brownie donuts, life really is a party!
You might also like our Homemade Honey Cruller Donuts here.
Also check out our Breadmaker Dough Mini Jelly Donuts Recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe here.