Nutella Filled Donuts: This easy donut dough is made in the brad machine, mini sized, covered in powdered sugar and filled with nutella.
If you’re a donut lover, and a Nutella lover, these Nutella Filled Mini Donuts are a match made in heaven! Sweet little bites of sugary, chocolatey, hazelnutty goodness.
I’ve used the same donut dough that I used for my mini jelly donuts -see them here. This time they’re rolled in powdered sugar, and filled with Nutella.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Bread Machine Donut Dough
My girls LOVE Nutella, so they thought this such a great treat. This recipe is really quite easy too, since the dough is made in a BREAD MACHINE.
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 pkg.) active dry yeast
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar to roll the fried donuts in
- Nutella for filling the donuts
- When making dough in a bread maker, the order the ingredients are added in is important. Add ingredients layer by layer, and do not mix. For the first layer in the bread maker, add milk, water, and beaten egg. Next add the butter, sugar and salt. Finally add the flour, and the yeast as the last ingredient. Set bread maker to dough setting and start the machine.
- When the dough is finished, roll out on a floured surface to about a 1/2 inch thick. Use a small heart to cut out donuts. Lay donuts on a greased cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise around 30 min.
- Fry donuts in oil that's 350 degrees, until golden brown, then flip over and cook over side. (If the outside is too brown and the middle isn’t cooked, your oil is too hot -you will have to watch the temp as you go, and adjust as needed, or use a deep fryer.)
- Roll the hot donuts in powdered sugar to coat them, when they're cool. To fill the donuts with Nutella, wait until they are cool, then use a piping bag with a #230 tip to pipe the Nutella into the middle. Best eaten the same day -which frankly isn’t really a problem.
Use A Donut Filling Tip For Nutella Filled Donuts
This special donut filling tip is definitely worth seeking out, it makes filling these little guys so much easier. (Tip #230)
You can make a half a batch of these, which is what’s pictured here, and still use the other half of the dough for jelly donuts.
These are best eaten the same day they’re made….in my experience, it’s not a problem. 😉
These would be a really sweet addition to your Easter baking too.
With homemade Nutella Filled Donuts, life really is a party!
You might also like our Honey Cruller Donuts recipe here.
Also check out our Jelly Donuts recipe here.
You might also like our Mini Brownie Donuts recipe here.