Princess Tiana’s Beignet Recipe The Princess and the Frog: Make this easy dough in a stand mixer or bread machine.
We couldn’t put together a The Princess and The Frog themed dinner and movie night without making some beignets! They’re so good, and pretty easy to put together. We made our dough in the bread maker, so it did all the hard work for us. You can also make the dough in a stand mixer.
You will love these donuts. They’re traditionally served for breakfast or a snack in New Orleans where they come from. We made them as dessert for our party. You can read all about our The Princess and The Frog dinner and movie night here. We had so much fun making a themed dinner to enjoy while we watched the movie. There’s nothing better than a great movie and themed dinner to go with it.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
If you’re a donut lover -and who doesn’t love a good donut, especially a freshly made one? you will love these. They’re traditionally served covered in powdered sugar, and that’s how we served ours. But if you’re not opposed to breaking with tradition, try dipping these in a little jam, or Nutella for a fun addition.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp instant active dry yeast
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- In a bread machine layer in the water, sugar, salt, egg, butter and evaporated milk in order and without stiring. Next layer in the flour, and lastly the yeast. Set your bread maker to the dough setting and push start.
- If you're making the dough in a stand mixer, attach the dough hook and add the water, sugar, salt, egg, butter, evaporated milk, flour and yeast in the mixer and combine until smooth.
- Place the finished dough in a well oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to chill.
- To form the donuts, roll the dough on a floured surface to around a 1/2 inch thinkness. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut out 3 inch squares.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 364 degrees F. Fry severeal beignets at a time until they are golden brown on each side, using tongs to flip them over.
- Drain the fried beignets on paper towel, and then coat them in powdered sugar. Serve fresh, best eaten on the day they're made.
- Keep any extra un-fried dough in the fridge for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
We fried half or so of these for our movie viewing night and saved the other un-fried beignet dough in the fridge for the next day. This dough keeps really well, for up to a week. What a treat to look forward to.
With Princess Tiana’s beignet recipe, life really is a party!
Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit
Love Disney Princess dinner and movie nights? Buy our Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit. The Toolkit includes 6 different Disney Princess movie nights with menus, all the recipes, inspiration, and printables for each one. Check out more about the Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit by clicking here.