Homemade Pumpkin Waffles -easy recipe for pumpkin waffles, perfect morning treat, and easy to freeze extras for a quick weekday breakfast later.
We’ve been making these pumpkin waffles for a while now, they’ve become a family favourite. I say we, but actually my husband is the one who usually makes breakfast on the weekends.
These Pumpkin Waffles are so yummy that he usually makes a double batch of them. The extras get individually frozen on a cookie sheet, and then stored in the freezer in a ziplock for great breakfasts on a school day.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Just take one out of the freezer and warm it up in the toaster. How to make your Monday morning a little bit better.
These are the perfect fall treat, easy to make, and the taste of pumpkin that every autumn should include. If you didn’t have a waffle maker, you could make these into pancakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- whip cream
- maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree and butter in another large bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture until a slightly lumpy batter forms.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray; add batter and cook until waffles are set and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Toast pecans in a dry frying pan on a medium heat, watch carefully so they don’t burn. Chop.
- Serve waffles sprinkled with chopped pecans, whip cream and drizzled with real maple syrup.
With these as a yummy treat on a cool fall morning, life really is a party.
You might also like our Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe here.
Also check out our Pumpkin Cream Puff recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Caramel Pumpkin Butter recipe here.