Homemade Pumpkin Waffles -easy recipe for pumpkin waffles, perfect morning treat, and easy to freeze extras for a quick weekday breakfast later.
We’ve been making these pumpkin waffles for a while now, they’ve become a family favourite. I say we, but actually my husband is the one who usually makes breakfast on the weekends.
These Pumpkin Waffles are so yummy that he usually makes a double batch of them. The extras get individually frozen on a cookie sheet, and then stored in the freezer in a ziplock for great breakfasts on a school day.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Just take one out of the freezer and warm it up in the toaster. How to make your Monday morning a little bit better.
These are the perfect fall treat, easy to make, and the taste of pumpkin that every autumn should include. If you didn’t have a waffle maker, you could make these into pancakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- whip cream
- maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree and butter in another large bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture until a slightly lumpy batter forms.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray; add batter and cook until waffles are set and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Toast pecans in a dry frying pan on a medium heat, watch carefully so they don’t burn. Chop.
- Serve waffles sprinkled with chopped pecans, whip cream and drizzled with real maple syrup.
With these as a yummy treat on a cool fall morning, life really is a party.
You might also like our Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe here.
Also check out our Pumpkin Cream Puff recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Caramel Pumpkin Butter recipe here.
These are super good with Apple cider syrup!
Great idea, thanks for sharing.