This recipe is one of my go-tos and has been for years. These Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect treat for the holidays for everyone one who loves mushrooms.
Today I’m joining in with some of my favourite Canadian bloggers to share lots of holiday appetizer ideas, so be sure to check out all the other great recipes at the end of the post.
- 12-15 button mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- shredded Swiss cheese
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Finely chop the stems.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add in the finely chopped mushroom stems, and onions, and minced garlic. Add in salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook until onion is softened.
- Add bread crumbs and stir well to combine into a stuffing.
- Using a small spoon, stuff the mushrooms firmly with the stuffing mixture -you may have a little left over.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms in a baking dish, top with some finely grated Swiss cheese, and bake at 350 for about 20 min. Serve hot.
If you aren’t a fan of Swiss cheese, you can leave it off or switch it out for another type, but I love the little bit of cheesy goodness it adds.
Goat Cheese Log by Barbara of Hodge:Podge
Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Cheese Fondue Appetizer by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life
Festive Crostini with Cranberry Compote & Brie by Shauna of Satori Design for Living
Stuffed Mushrooms by Dannyelle of Life is a Party
Olive and Cream Cheese Dip by Beth Ann of The Hunted and Gathered
Loaded BLT Dip by Jen of Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Cranberry Baked Brie by Jenn of Clean & Scentsible
Ritz Pizza Crackers by Shannon of AKA Design
Whipped Goat Cheese and Cranberry Jalapeno Crostini by Kristeena of Motherhood in Stilettos
Special thanks to Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life for organizing this great Holiday Appetizer recipe hop.
You might also enjoy our Caramelized Onion and Goat’s Cheese Tarts here.
Also check out our Cheese Straws here.
You might also like our Potato Soup with Roasted Garlic here.