Easy Stuffed Zucchini
Easy Stuffed Zucchini: this easy recipe is made with quick rice, and jared sauce for a quick and healthy dinner.
Fall is coming and it makes everyone feel like eating a nice hearty casserole and these easy stuffed zucchini are perfect. If you are a gardener, you’ve got zucchinis in abundance this time of year -and if not they’re at the farmer’s market and supermarket and the price is right.
I saw some lovely ones this week and couldn’t pass them by. I have a funny memory of my Dad making dinner one night (which was a bit of a rarity when I was a little girl) and making stuffed zucchini. He was so excited about it. I think he got the recipe from a friend at work and they were delicious. Here’s my version.
Easy Stuffed Zucchini
- 3 medium sized zucchini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion -diced
- 1/4 cup diced yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- Parmesan cheese
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Brown grounded beef with onions, peppers, and garlic. Season with Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in cooked rice and 1 cup of tomato sauce to the meat mixture.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half length wise to make boats. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and create space for the filling.
- Pour tomato sauce in a large baking dish and put zucchini on top, use a spoon to fill each with the meat and rice mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and add a layer of grated mozzarella on top.
- Cook at 350, for about 40 mins, or until the zucchini is soft.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 37g
I am a zucchini fan, I love zucchini cake, zucchini fritters, ratatouille, sautéd zucchini…what can I say, I like it. My five year old daughter…not so much. So, I’ll say if you’re a zucchini fan, your going to love this, if you’re not a zucchini fan, if you eat your dinner you can have a cookie. 😉
Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch 😉 -Hope you enjoy!
With easy stuffed zucchini, life really is a party!
You might also like our Unstuffed Zucchini here.
Also check out Mom’s Easy Lasagna here.
You might also enjoy our Butter Chicken Pizza here.