Easy Stuffed Zucchini: this easy recipe is made with quick rice, and jared sauce for a quick and healthy dinner.
Fall is coming and it makes everyone feel like eating a nice hearty casserole and these easy stuffed zucchini are perfect. If you are a gardener, you’ve got zucchinis in abundance this time of year -and if not they’re at the farmer’s market and supermarket and the price is right.
I saw some lovely ones this week and couldn’t pass them by. I have a funny memory of my Dad making dinner one night (which was a bit of a rarity when I was a little girl) and making stuffed zucchini. He was so excited about it. I think he got the recipe from a friend at work and they were delicious. Here’s my version.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
- 3 medium sized zucchini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion -diced
- 1/4 cup diced yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- Parmesan cheese
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Brown grounded beef with onions, peppers, and garlic. Season with Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in cooked rice and 1 cup of tomato sauce to the meat mixture.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half length wise to make boats. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and create space for the filling.
- Pour tomato sauce in a large baking dish and put zucchini on top, use a spoon to fill each with the meat and rice mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and add a layer of grated mozzarella on top.
- Cook at 350, for about 40 mins, or until the zucchini is soft.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 37g
I am a zucchini fan, I love zucchini cake, zucchini fritters, ratatouille, sautéd zucchini…what can I say, I like it. My five year old daughter…not so much. So, I’ll say if you’re a zucchini fan, your going to love this, if you’re not a zucchini fan, if you eat your dinner you can have a cookie. 😉
Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch 😉 -Hope you enjoy!
With easy stuffed zucchini, life really is a party!
You might also like our Unstuffed Zucchini here.
Also check out Mom’s Easy Lasagna here.
You might also enjoy our Butter Chicken Pizza here.