Triple Chocolate Scones with Whipped Cream and Dulche De Leche: this is for the chocolate lovers! Easy to make and sure to impress.
Chocolate Lovers Treat
Chocolate lovers I’ve tested this recipe out with my chocolate loving friends and family and they all gave it rave reviews! I promise this one’s a winner.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- small carton (236 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp white sugar
- 1 can dulce de leche (Eagle Brand)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the milk, egg, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add the wet ingredients and stir until the dough just comes together.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Divide the dough in half. Shape each ball into a round about 3/4 inch thick, and cut into into 8 small wedges. Brush the tops with a little milk, and sprinkle with a little sugar. Place on a pan sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until they are firm around the edges but a bit soft in the centre. A toothpick inserted into the centre of a scone will come out clean.
6. Whip cream with 1 tsp vanilla and 3 tsp sugar.
7. Serve cooled scones sprinkled with icing sugar, and split and filled or topped with a spoon of whipped cream and a drizzle of dulce de leche. Enjoy!
Easy To Make
It’s a delicious chocolate scone, made like a traditional scone, with the addition of coco powder, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips -triple delicious! And as if the scone itself wasn’t delicious enough the addition of whipped cream and dulce de leche take it over the top.
The scone is as easy as a regular scone, and the dulce de leche is even easier -right out of the can. Don’t you just love something this impressive that’s this easy to make. 😉 I think this will definitely be on the menu at my next tea party.
With fresh baked triple chocolate scones with whipped cream and dulce de leche, life really is a party!
If you love chocolate you might also like our Chocolate Charcuterie Snack Board.
You might also like Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
Check out our Chocolate Pavlova here.