Easy Chocolate Truffle Recipe: easy homemade chocolate truffles. Perfect for gift giving. Add nuts, cocoa, or sprinkles to make them extra special.
This easy chocolate truffle recipe is an old favourite. Quick to make, delicious, and perfect for a sweet treat. They also make a lovely gift.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and nothing could be more special for your sweetheart than homemade Chocolate Truffles. These were really, really delicious, and pretty easy to make.
- 12 oz. Belguim milk chocolate
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream (35% whipping cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional toppings of chocolate candy coating in milk chocolate, and pink chocolate, coco powder, Valentine sprinkles
- Melt the 12 oz. of Belgian milk chocolate, and the cream together in a double boiler.
- Stir in the vanilla and pour into a metal mixing bowl and let it set.
- Once set, scoop out a ball with a melon baller, or teaspoon, and roll into a ball to create the truffle centre.
- Coat the truffle centre with coco powder, or melt the chocolate candy coating and dip the centres in to coat. Decorate with sprinkles, or drizzle with melted pink candy coating.
Keeping It Real: I did have a little trouble at first, I melted the chocolate over a burner, as the recipe called for, and the chocolate separated. It still tasted great, and I was scrambling on how to save it. With the help of google I found out I could beat it into submission. I used a hand mixer and after a little mixing, it came back together. I’ve adjusted the recipe to melt the chocolate in a double boiler, which should remedy any potential problems, but you can always try the mixer trick if the chocolate separates.
I made these for our special Valentine’s Day in Paris dinner party, and they were a hit. I learned that the chocolates are traditionally coated in coco powder in France, and that’s where they get the name truffle, since the coco was reminiscent of the dirt that actual truffles are found in, and covered in. I used these beautiful footed glass dooms at every ones place settings. It’s always good to start a dinner party with a little dessert first. 😉
With homemade Chocolate Truffles for Valentine’s Day, life really is a party!
You might also like our Chocolate Charcuterie Board here.
Also check out our Butter Crunch Recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Creamy Caramels and Chocolate Salted Caramels recipe here.