Baked Pumpkin Donuts: these mini donuts are sweet and little and delicious and the cinnamon maple glaze takes them to the next level.
Baked pumpkin donuts in mini size and with the most delicious glaze are the perfect fall treat for pumpkin lovers.
I recently had the good fortune of finding a mini donut pan, and since mini donuts are a family fav -like first stop at any fair or carnival, I knew having our very own pan would be a good thing. 😉 Since it’s fall and we can’t seem to get enough pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray mini donut with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the pumpkin, eggs, milk and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the batter comes together.
- Spoon the batter into a large ziplock bag and cut off the corner to pipe the batter into the donut pan. Tip: wet your finger in a little water and use it to pat down the little tip that sticks up where you finish piping the circle.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 5-6 minutes for the mini donuts. Allow donuts to cool before dipping in the glaze.
- To prepare the glaze, stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl. When the donuts are cool, dip them in the glaze.
See those little flecks of cinnamon in the glaze? These are really, really yummy.
They didn’t keep too well over night, the glaze kind of seeped all into the donuts and didn’t look nearly as pretty, so you should probably eat them all in one day. Officially #8 of the instructions…
8. Eat them all in one day. 😉
Such a great fall treat.
With mini pumpkin donuts with cinnamon maple glaze, life really is a party!
You might also like our Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe here.
Also check out our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Blondies recipe here.