Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies: A go-to, tried and true recipe, guaranteed to become a favourite. The pefect combination of toffee and chocolate goodness.
These Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best. If you know me in real life, then you’ve had them, because they’re are a favourite, tried and true, go-to recipe around here. I’ve made them hundreds and hundreds of times.
I first baked these when I was in high school, that’s a little while ago, and they became my family’s go-to chocolate chip cookie. Over the years I decided to try toffee bits and they quickly became my fav.
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups skor toffee bits
- (or for chocolate chip cookies use 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips without the toffee bits)
- Cream shortening and sugars together in your mixer.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until fully combined, but don't over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and toffee bits, and mix until even distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto baking sheets, and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 min, until golden brown. Makes about 6 dozen.
Another thing I love about these cookies is that they make a big batch -perfect for a party, or bake sale, or one of those occasions where you have to make cookies for church or a meeting or someone else because you’ll have enough to leave a plate at home for your kiddos too.
These cookies make me want a cup of a tea, and comfy spot. They’re true comfort food.
With fresh homemade toffee chocolate chip cookies, life really is a party!
You might also like our Oatmeal Cookies here.
Also check out our Jam Jam Raspberry Sandwich Cookies here.
You might also like our Chocolate Chip Shortbread recipe here.