Canada Day Chocolate Bark: a very easy, and delicious Canada Day treat, perfect for any celebration.
This year celebrating Canada Day will be extra special for Canada’s 150 th birthday! There’s sure to be lots of fun celebrations and potluck parties happening, and this is the perfect, easy treat to make and bring to any Canada Day celebration.
It’s great for a dessert table, or a snack at a party. I’ve also packaged some up in clear cello bags tied with some red ribbon for the perfect little hostess gift or party favour.
- white chocolate
- red chocolate
- red and white M&Ms
- red and white sprinkles
- Canada Day sprinkles (I picked up mine at Bulk Barn)
- Melt the two different chocolates in separate bowls in the microwave at 50% power in 30 sec. intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and add chocolate in about 1 inch wide stripes.
- Use the back of a spoon to marble the chocolate by dragging it through the chocolate at 45 degrees and then then 45 degrees in opposite direction. (See the video for an example.)
- Sprinkle the chocolate with M&Ms, and sprinkles.
- When harden, snap into bite size pieces and enjoy.
Here’s a little video of how easy it was to put together.
I hope you’re planning something special for Canada 150 this year.
For all my American readers, this chocolate bark would be just perfect to celebrate the 4th of July too. Just add in a bit of blue chocolate and blue sprinkles. Swap out the maple leafs for some star sprinkles and you have the perfect treat to celebrate July 4th.
With Canada Day Chocolate Bark to help you celebrate, life really is a party!
And now check out all the great ideas from some of my favourite Canadian Bloggers, you’re sure to be inspired! With a special thanks to Lucy at Craftberry Bush for hosting this fun blog hop.