Canada Day Chocolate Bark: a very easy, and delicious Canada Day dessert treat, perfect for any Canadian themed celebration.
This year celebrating Canada Day will be extra special for Canada’s 150 th birthday! There’s sure to be lots of fun celebrations and potluck parties happening. This Canada Day Chocolate Bark is the perfect, easy dessert treat to make and bring to any Canada Day celebration.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
It’s great for any Canadian themed party or dessert table, or a snack at a party. I’ve also packaged some up in clear cello bags tied with some red ribbon for the perfect little hostess gift or party favour for your Canada themed party.
- white chocolate
- red chocolate
- red and white M&Ms
- red and white sprinkles
- Canada Day sprinkles (I picked up mine at Bulk Barn)
- Melt the two different chocolates in separate bowls in the microwave at 50% power in 30 sec. intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and add chocolate in about 1 inch wide stripes.
- Use the back of a spoon to marble the chocolate by dragging it through the chocolate at 45 degrees and then then 45 degrees in opposite direction. (See the video for an example.)
- Sprinkle the chocolate with M&Ms, and sprinkles.
- When harden, snap into bite size pieces and enjoy.
Here’s a little video of how easy it was to put together.
I hope you’re planning something special for Canada 150 this year.
For all my American readers, this chocolate bark would be just perfect to celebrate the 4th of July too. Just add in a bit of blue chocolate and blue sprinkles. Swap out the maple leafs for some star sprinkles and you have the perfect treat to celebrate July 4th.
With Canada Day Chocolate Bark to help you celebrate, life really is a party!
And now check out all the great ideas from some of my favourite Canadian Bloggers, you’re sure to be inspired! With a special thanks to Lucy at Craftberry Bush for hosting this fun blog hop.
You might also like our Canada Day Party here.
Also check our our Strawberry Cobbler for Canada Day here.
You might also enjoy our Donut Strawberry Shortcakes here.