Coal Rice Krispie Cookies: This recipe and printable gift tag is the perfect treat for anyone who is on Santa’s naughty list this year.
Do you have someone on your gift list this year who’s been naughty? This is the perfect gift for them. These Coal Rice Krispie Cookies are adorable and delicious.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
I’m joining the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series today to share all kinds of DIY Gift Ideas. There is so much inspiration for the perfect holiday gift for giving. Be sure to check out all the links at the bottom of this post.
The Perfect Gift For Someone On The Naughty List
Many, many years ago when one of my daughters was almost three she was worried she was on the naughty list. Those were our Dora the Explorer years…anyone else remember those? There was a Christmas episode about how Swiper was on the naughty list. She had done a few naughty things in a row, which was very unlike her, and was worried that she might not make it on to the nice the list in time for Christmas. I remember taking her to visit Santa and asking him to reassure her. It’s been a long time since anyone around here was sincerely worried about which list they were on. Hopefully because we’re all so nice. 😉
Coal Rice Krispie Cookies
This recipe is really easy to put together -only 5 ingredients. The cookies get their black colour in part from the addition of Oreo cookies. They taste like a delicious combination of oreos and Rice Krispies -yum! They’re supper quick to make.
They might be fun as a stocking stuffer. Or they’d make a really cute little gift for a teacher, coach, bus driver, neighbour. It’s always nice to have a little something to add to a gift card, and this would be a great choice.
The printable tag really makes it, and is available for free. Just subscribe to Life is a Party below, and then you can access our free printable library and print the gift tags to add to your cookies.
- 1 pkg regular oreo cookies (303 g)
- 1 pkg marshmallows (400 g)
- 4 cups rice krispies
- 3 tbsp butter
- black food colouring
1. Put the oreo cookies in a food processor until they are finely ground. Set aside.
2. Measure 4 cups of rice krispies into a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Prepare a surface for the finished cookies by spreading some parchment paper on a table, and having two large spoons and glass of cold water ready.
4. In a large pot add the butter and marshmallows. Cook over a medium heat, stir occasionally until all the marshmallows are melted and combined. Turn off the heat.
5. Add enough black food colouring to make the mixture black. Add in the oreo crumbs, and rice krispies and stir until completely combined and black. If needed add a little more food colouring.
6. Using two spoons dipped in cold water to help prevent the cookies from sticking, take a spoonful of the hot cookie mixture, and use the second spoon to help remove it onto the parchement paper.
7. Let the cookies set and cool slightly, but while still warm, use your fingers to compress the cookies slightly and make them look like lumps of coal.
8. Let cool completely and store in an air tight container.
With Coal Rice Krispie Cookies, life really is a party!
Free Printable Gift Tags
Get your free printable gift tags to go with these cute cookies here. Just subscribe to our newsletter and gain free and instant access to our printable library as our thank you.
More DIY Gift Idea Inspiration:
Welcome to the third week of the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series! Today a group of my blogging friends and I are sharing our DIY Gift Ideas to help inspire you for the upcoming holiday season.
Click on the links below each image to be taken directly to the different posts.
Free Printable Coffee Gift Card Holder at The Happy Housie
White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods at She Gave it a Go
Chunky Hand Knit Hat and Mittens at The DIY Mommy
How to Wrap Baked Goods for Gifts 2 Ways at Modern Glam
Cinnamon Sugar Scrub at A Pretty Life
2020 Free Printable Calendar at Clean & Scentsible
Homemade Vanilla Hostess Gift at My 100 Year Old Home
Coal Rice Krispie Cookies at Life is a Party
Homemade Christmas Potpourri at Cherished Bliss
DIY Wood Burned Spoons at Cassie Bustamante
Mini Bread Loaves for Gifting at My Sweet Savannah
Peppermint Sugar Scrub at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
DIY Wood Slice Holiday Wrath at Jenna Kate at Home
Easy Christmas Snack Mix at This is Our Bliss
DIY Deconstructed Stamped Books at Lolly Jane
Petite Christmas Bouquet at Craftberry Bush
DIY Bath Bomb Ornaments at The Turquoise Home
Gold Detailed Candle Votive at Zevy Joy
DIY Glam Rhinestone Bow Ornaments at Summer Adams
DIY Christmas Centrepiece at Place of My Taste
You might also like our Gingerbread Extreme Milkshakes here.
Also check our our Homemade Caramel Apples recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Homemade Caramel Corn recipe here.