Ghost Halloween Rice Krispies: the perfect easy recipe for a special Halloween sweet treat on a stick for your little ghouls and goblins.
These sweet little ghosts rice krispie squares are the perfect treat for your little ghouls and goblins. Add these ghost Halloween rice krispies to your celebrations this fall.
I’m joining in on the Seasonal Simplicity Fall Series today sharing all kinds of fun Halloween crafts, decor, and recipes to help you celebrate. Be sure to check out all the other Halloween inspiration at the bottom of this post.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Ghost Halloween Rice Krispies Treat
Rice Krispie Squares are a favourite at our house, so I thought it would be fun to make some special ones for Halloween. These would be great for a Halloween party, or classroom celebrations, or tucked in a lunch box for a special treat. They’re quite easy to make, and the kids can help out too.
I also love that Rice Krispie treats only have a few ingredients, and they’re pretty much fool proof.
The layer of white chocolate coating will also make them last a little while longer -that is if you can keep people from eating them!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- white chocolate wafers
- milk chocolate chips
- popsicle sticks
- Prepare a 9 x 12 baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or coating in butter. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat melt the marshmallows and butter, until all the marshmallows are melted. Stiring the whole time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and rice krispies. Quickly place the mixure in the baking dish while it's still hot. Use a spoon dipped in cold water to smooth them out. Allow them to cool.
- Once cool, cut the rice krispies into small rectangles.
- To create the ghosts, use a sharp knife to cut the edges of the top of a rectangle to make it into a ghost shape, and insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Use a spoon to help cover the ghost in white chocoalte. Place on parchment and add milk chocolate chips for eyes. Allow to harden and enjoy!
These little ghost are so good they’re sure to disappear!
With these Ghost Halloween Rice Krispies, life really is a party!
Today I’m joined by a talented group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Halloween DIY ideas with you! Just click on the links below the images to be taken to see their full post…
DIY Potion Bottles with Printable Labels at The Happy Housie
Halloween DIY Prop from $2 Flatware Box at Confessions of a Serial Do It Yourselfer
DIY Halloween Centrepiece at House by Hoff
Modern Farmhouse Halloween Entry at Tatertots and Jello
Halloween Nougat Candy at A Pretty Life
DIY Halloween Floral Headband at Two Twenty One
Halloween Mantel with Free Printable at The Handmade Home
Painted Hudson’s Bay Blanket Pumpkins at The Heathered Nest
DIY Halloween Flag at Cassie Bustamante
Poison Apple Pumpkins at All Things With Purpose
Easy DIY Halloween Wreath at Modern Glam
Ghost Rice Krispie Squares at Life is a Party
How to Make a Halloween BOO Sign at My Sweet Savannah
Silly Spider Cookies at She Gave it a Go
Creepy Halloween Wreath at Hallstrom Home
DIY Potions and Magic Halloween Sign at Lolly Jane
Paper Staircase Mice at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Spooky DIY Eyeball Terrarium at Paint Me Pink
DIY Minimalist Halloween Wreath at Lemon Thistle
DIY Salt Dough Garland at Aratari at Home
Also check our our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats here.
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe here.
Also check our our Pumpkin Spice Milkshake recipe here.