Gingerbread Extreme Milkshake Freakshake: Recipe for gingerbread syrup and gingerbread extreme milkshakes.
These Gingerbread Extreme Milkshakes are just in time for a special Christmas treat, I’m sure Santa would love one too.
If you haven’t heard of Extreme Milkshakes or Freakshakes you’re missing out. They’re milkshakes kicked up a few notches, with the addition of lots of extra treats on top!
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
I thought it would be fun to make Gingerbread Milkshakes for the holidays. They’re the perfect treat for Christmas. I made these for my kids and they LOVED them.
To make these sweet treats, start by making yourself a batch of Gingerbread Syrup. It’s easy to make, and tastes amazing with your coffee too for a little gingerbread latte.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp molassas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp gingerbread syrup
- optional toppings like whipped cream, donuts, gingerbread men, sprinkles, and candy canes
- To make the Gingerbread Syrup, combine the water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and fresh ginger in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, and cook stirring all the sugar is completely dissolved, about 5 mins. Allow to cool, and strain, then store in a jar.
- To make the Gingerbread Milkshake, combine the ice cream, milk and gingerbread syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a mason jar that has been rimed with chocolate and sprinkles, top the milkshake with a donut, whipped cream, sprinkles, gingerbread man, and a candy cane. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1130Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 212gFiber: 4gSugar: 170gProtein: 12g
The extreme part of the milkshake is all the fun toppings pilled high. We started with rimming the glass with milk chocolate and sprinkles. Next, we topped off the milkshake with a gingerbread donut, lots of whipped cream, more sprinkles, a gingerbread man and a candy cane for a classic Christmas addition.
With home made Gingerbread Extreme Shakes, life really is a party!
You might also like our Gingerbread Cookie Recipe here.
Also you might enjoy our Cashew Coconut Brittle here.
Check our Homemade Caramel Corn recipe here.