Kit Kat Ice Cream Recipe
Kit Kat Ice Cream Recipe -delicious homemade vanilla ice cream base, with our favourite chocolate bar mixed in for a little chocoalte and some crunch.
This Kit Kat Ice Cream Recipe is a new favourite and sure to make many appearances at our house over the summer.
Kit Kat Ice Cream Recipe
We have an ice cream maker, but we rarely use it. Let me tell you, it’s worth getting that baby out for this recipe, it’s really, really good. The custard based vanilla ice cream for the base of this kit kat creation is so rich, smooth and creamy. Add in kit kat chunks and you have a little bit of heaven…in a cone.
Kit Kat Ice Cream
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 Kit Kat bars
- Place half-and-half and the heavy cream into saucepan, and heat over medium heat. Bring the mixture just to a simmer, stirring occasionally and remove from heat.
- Next, in mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks until they lighten in colour, then gradually whisk in the sugar. Now temper the cream mixture by gradually adding small amounts of the cream, until 1/3 has been added. Finally pour in the remainder and return the entire mixture to the saucepan. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon -reaching 170 to 175 degrees F.
- Next pour the mixture into a container and cool at room temperature half an hour. Stir in the vanilla, and the inside scraping of the vanilla bean (or omit the vanilla bean and use 2 tsp of vanilla extract). Refrigerate the mixture 4-8 hours until the temperature is 40 degrees F or below.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s direction. Meanwhile, chop the kit kat bars into small pieces. Finally during the last 5 min. in the ice cream maker, add in the chopped kit kat pieces. Enjoy from the ice cream maker as soft serve or freeze 3-4 hours in the freezer for the ice cream to fully harden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 12g
Kit Kats were always a favourite chocolate bar of mine, and adding them to ice cream makes them even better.
Cut them into large chunks before adding them in.
I think this might be my new favourite ice cream. I’m really a vanilla girl, and the addition of the kit kat is kind of perfect -not too chocolaty, but a nice little crunch with the delicious little flecks of real vanilla too. My kids also loved it.
Using a thermometer takes all the guess work out of the recipe too. Definitely a make-again and again recipe.
With our kit kat ice cream recipe, life really is a party.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
You might also like our Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Recipe here.
Also check out our Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Coconut Ice Cream Recipe here.
This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!
omg I wish I had an ice cream maker the ice cream sounds gorgeous!