Pumpkin Blondies with Pumpkin Frosting -these are chewy, sweet, pumpkin-y, and the perfect fall treat for pumpkin lovers.
I’m a big fan of pumpkin, and these Pumpkin Blondies with Pumpkin Frosting are delicious. This recipe is the perfect way for you to celebrate fall.
These are the best pumpkin blondies. They’re dense, moist and chewy like a regular blondie, but also full of pumpkin flavor, and warm spices. These fudgy chewy pumpkin bars are perfect for someone who doesn’t love chocolate. They are one of my very favorite pumpkin recipes. As easy to make as your regular brownie recipes, but full of pumpkin goodness instead. They’re made with simple ingredients from your pantry, that you usually have on hand, as well as the pumpkin puree, which you may have this time of year. Be sure to use pure pumpkin puree in this recipe and not pumpkin pie filling, as it already has pumpkin pie spice and sugar added, and is not what you want for this recipe.
For the Blondies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup room temp. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and coat the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with butter, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 1 cup of butter in a microwave safe small bowl. Add the melted butter to the brown and white sugar and stir to dissolve in stand mixer with the paddle attachment, in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, or by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin, and combine well.
- In another medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, and, ground nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well to combine, but don't over stir.
- Bake for 30 min., until the blondies are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the blondies to cool before frosting them.
To make the frosting:
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Add the vanilla, 2 tbsp pumpkin puree, milk or cream, and icing sugar. Mix at a low speed to combine, and then for min. or two at a high speed, until frosting looks creamy and well combined.
- Spread over cooled blondies, sprinkle with cinnamon if you wish, and slice into approx. 24 pieces. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
To Make The Blondies:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
These pumpkin blondies are usually the first recipe I make when I’m looking for some fall flavor, and they’re on repeat all pumpkin season. I made them yesterday afternoon for a church event tonight. My family has already eaten 6 of them…safe to say we love them around here. 😉 This is easily my favorite blondie recipe. The best part about these blondies is that they are a dense, moist, and chewy blondie, with a creamy, and sweet frosting. I love the fudgy texture they have. These make a chewy pumpkin blondie, similar in texture to a fudgey brownie.Perfect with a cup of tea, and these easy pumpkin blondies are quick to make too.
You can also half this recipe for blondie bars, and make it in a 8 x 8 pan, and reduce the bake time to around 20 minutes.
You could also turn these into pumpkin chocolate chip blondies, with the addition of 1 cup of chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks, if you are a real chocolate lover. Or add in white chocolate chips for another chocolate chip pumpkin blondies option. Or try butterscotch chips for a caramel pumpkin blondies option.
Next time you’re craving a pumpkin spice recipe, try these bars. With Pumpkin Spice Blondies with Pumpkin Frosting , life really is a party.
You might also like our Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream recipe here.
Also check out our Caramel Pumpkin Butter recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats here.