Strawberry Cobbler in a Mason Jar: the perfect summer dessert. Baked in individual mason jars so they’re perfectly portioned and portable.
This strawberry cobbler in a mason jar is sweet and delicious and everything a summer dessert should be. We dressed them up for Canada Day today (and for my American peeps, I’ve got your red and white covered and you can throw a blueberry on top, and call it a day. 🙂 ) Strawberries are in season in Ontario right now, and this would be the perfect way to use some that you’ve freshly picked.
This recipe is so good. Even my picky eater who won’t even try strawberries loved this dessert. I made it in 12 mini mason jars, which I thought would be perfect at a backyard bbq celebration, or a picnic since they’re portable, cute, and already portioned. If your having this delicious dessert at home, you could also bake it in a 2 qt. baking dish.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Slice strawberries in half or quarters if they’re big and mix with up to 1/4 cup of sugar, depending on the berries sweetness. Then divide them among 12 of the mini 4 oz. mason jars.
- To prepare the topping, cream butter and 1 cup of sugar in a stand mixer. Add in egg and vanilla, and mix well. Add flour, salt, and baking powder and combine well, without over mixing.
- Divide the cobbler between the 12 mason jars, flatten into a disk and place over the strawberries. Place mason jars on a cookie sheet for cooking.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for about 20 min. until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and add the lids onto the mason jars to make a more portable treat. Serve with whip cream or vanilla ice cream if you like, delicious served warm or cool. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
Cobbler seems to be a not very Canadian dessert, most people I’ve served it to have never tried it, but they were certainly converts after one try. I really love it, and it’s so much easier than making a pie.
This really is the perfect treat for this long weekend. I paired it up with pretty free printables from Polkadot Prints. We heart Canada, and we heart this strawberry cobbler. 😉
With delicious treats like this for Canada Day, life really is a party.
You might also like our Donut Strawberry Shortcake here.
Also check out our Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream here.
You might also enjoy our Strawberry Cheesecake Pie here.