Sweet and Sour Pork Kababs: the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and savoury. Grill these on the bbq for a perfect tropical dish.
These sweet and sour pork kababs are so good. The sweet and sour sauce is deliciously sweet and also has the perfect tang. It is delicious paired with the peppers, onion, and pork in this recipe, not to mention the pineapple. Pork and pineapple are always a match made in heaven and addition of this great sauce takes it to the next level!
We enjoyed our sweet and sour pork kababs as part of our Moana dinner and movie night -check out all the details here. It was the perfect tropical addition to our menu. Serve with rice for a great dinner.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Not a fan of pork, but love everything else? You can substitute the pork in this dish with chicken if you prefer. It’s equally delicious in this dish.
- 1 cup pineapple juice (reserved from the can of pineapple chunks)
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- canned pineapple chunks (398 mL can)
- 1 kg pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8-10 bambo skewers
- Begin by soaking your bambo skewers in water for around 20 minutes to help prevent burning on the bbq.
- To make the sweet and sour sauce, combien the pineapple juice, vinegar,brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, water, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and whisk together. Heat over a medium-high heat, stiring. Bring to a boil and let boil 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the skewers, thread the pepper, onion, pineapple, and pork pieces on the soaked skewers.
- Preheat the bbq to 400 degrees, and then cook the pork kebabs, turning every 3-4 minutes, until the pork is fully cooked. With each turn, base the kebabs with the sweet and sour sauce, until it is all used up. Seve with rice and enoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 34g
These sweet and sour pork kebabs are a real favourite, the sweet of the sauce, and the pineapple, combined with the savoury pork and vegetables, and the tang from the sauce is a winning combination you will love.
With sweet and sour pork kebabs to enjoy, life really is a party!
This recipe was part of our Mona Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Night -check out all the details about the whole party here.
Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit
Love Disney Princess dinner and movie nights? Buy our Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit. The Toolkit includes 6 different Disney Princess movie nights with menus, all the recipes, inspiration, and printables for each one. Check out more about the Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit by clicking here.