This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMerrier #CollectiveBias
This time of year we’re all looking for thoughtful, easy gifts for the holidays and this one is PERFECT. A bottle of wine is great, flowers are sweet, but I really love to give something that is practical, but still special and thoughtful and more personal. Everyone would love a gorgeous breakfast basket like this one. I think it would be great as a teacher gift, or to bring as a hostess gift during the holidays. I love the idea of writing on the card for the host of a dinner party “You made dinner, so I took care of breakfast.”
I picked up all my ingredients at Target, love a little one stop shopping. What would a breakfast basket be without some great coffee, -when I think great coffee, I think Starbucks. Look for it at your favourite store. I chose the Holiday Blend, which is perfect for a little festive gift giving this time of year. Get a $5 Starbucks Card e-gift when you purchase 3 or more qualifying Starbucks products.
I made up my little basket with some homemade pancake mix, maple syrup -has to be the real stuff too, Starbucks Holiday Blend ground coffee, a scented candle, and some pastries from my favorite local bakery. I lined the pretty wire basket with a napkin,and piled in all the treats.
The homemade pancake mix is really simple to make, and so, so yummy. Seriously I grew up on store-bought pancake mix. Then my husband started making pancakes from scratch. They are amazing. They are so worth the tiny bit of effort. I promise that once you’ve tried these, you’ll never go back. For gift giving, just combine the dry ingredients, put them in a pretty container and attach the pretty free printable with the rest of the directions.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (optional: substitute buttermilk for regular milk)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and then pour into a pretty container for gift giving, and be sure to attach the rest of the ingredients and instructions with our free printable.
- If you're making them for yourself, combine the wet ingredients in another bowl. Stir dry and wet together until just combined, be careful not to over mix. Cook on a hot, greased griddle or frying pan until golden brown -flipping sides once little bubbles begin to appear. Enjoy!
I’ve packaged my pancake mix up in a pretty vintage mason jar -but any jar would work great. Then just print the directions here, and attach to the jar for gift giving.
For Christmas giving, tuck a little greenery and some berries into a bow, and add it to your basket.
With a sweet Breakfast in Bed Gift Basket like this for holiday gift giving, life really is a party!
Be sure to check out more great coffee ideas at Starbucks.com